Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Christmas Collaboration with Rise and Procraftinate -Christmas Series 2019


I'm honored to announce a beautiful collaboration today with Rise and Procraftinate. You can find her video and channel here: Rise and Procraftinate

We decided to simply create Christmas cards for today's collaboration. Both of us will have videos on our YouTube channels. Mine will be linked below.


I chose to create a card using Lawn Fawn stamps as a backdrop to this super sweet Neat & Tangled set.  I felt like the Lawn Fawn images were the perfect size for a student created backdrop for a Christmas Pageant.

I used my distress inks to ink blend the sky, shaded lilac, blueprint sketch and mermaid lagoon. I also used scattered straw to tap onto the moon but did go over it with a light yellow Copic Marker Y02. 


By limiting the color pallet to those colors found on the Doodlebug patterned paper I used, the scene looks really cohesive. I copic colored all the pieces of the scene and die cut them. I stamped the trees with green inks instead of copic coloring. The Neat and Tangled images have coordinating dies but I do not own them so I fussy cut them out. Both images were really easy to trim out. 



I picked a coordinating cardstock scrap from the scrap bin and heat embossed the Merry Christmas sentiment in white on it. I also stamped the We Wish You in black on the back of the same patterned paper I used for the main panel. Doodlebug papers are double sided and this pattern was clean enough to stamp directly onto it with no issue. 

I love what the tiny details always do to a card. Adding white gel pen stars, Nuvo clear glitter overlay pen to the Santa and surrounding area to represent the magic of Christmas and making letting the two star players shine with a little shimmer of their own. 

Thank you for stopping by and as always, GIVE CARDS GENEROUSLY! 
Renee'


All items were purchased with my own funds. This video / blog is not sponsored.

Confused about why I named it all Delaney Jane Cards if my name is Renee’?
This entire thing, shop, YouTube channel, blog, etc, it is all named after our angel daughter who passed away in 2013. I made her some promises when she passed away. I would spread joy, I would make her proud and I would speak her name daily. This is one way we choose to honor her memory, and help me keep my promises.

Speaking of blog, you can check it out at : www.delaneyjanecards.blogspot.com
Check out our online store at: www.delaneyjanecards.com
Want to visit us on Instagram? Check us out at @delaneyjanecards

No comments:

Post a Comment