Monday, November 11, 2019

Veterans Day 2019 - Honoring our Veterans

Today, I used the Colorado Crafts Company Lovely Legs set titled Military Strong to create two cards honoring our Veterans because today, 11/11/2019 is Veteran's day.




I know making a card or a card video isn't much. But I wanted to do everything I could to honor our veterans today. My family has a long history with the military. Several years ago my Grandma was invited to California, all the way from Wisconsin, to receive an award from the then Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. It was this beautiful plaque honoring her for her sons serving over 125 years collectively in the different branches of the service. I have several uncles that served and I now I have several cousins and second cousins who have also served. Something I am well aware, I was not built to do. I respect anyone who has given even a minute of thought to serving. You are heros.


I am a firm believer in making more than one card at a time if I can squeeze it in and decided to make a male an female version of the same card since the stamp set offered both images.


I kept the fatigues a neutral color although I'm sure I could recreate these using more specific colors for each of the military branches.


All items were purchased with my own funds. This video / blog is not sponsored.

Confused about why I named it all Delaney Jane Cards if my name is Renee’?
This entire thing, shop, YouTube channel, blog, etc, it is all named after our angel daughter who passed away in 2013. I made her some promises when she passed away. I would spread joy, I would make her proud and I would speak her name daily. This is one way we choose to honor her memory, and help me keep my promises.


Check out our online store at: www.delaneyjanecards.com
Want to visit us on Instagram? Check us out at @delaneyjanecards



No comments:

Post a Comment