Thursday, November 14, 2019

World Diabetes Day - Honoring Nyla






I wanted to bring attention to Type 1 Diabetes specifically but today is World Diabetes Day.
Nyla is a 6 year old Hero. She was diagnosed this year and it is a diagnosis for the entire family. Her mother has had to change the way they live and the way they sleep, the way they think about activities and food. Shadow, Nyla's mom, doesn't sleep well because she is constantly watching number and waiting for the dexcom alarm to go off. I didn't know Type 1 Diabetes could be diagnosed after childhood, I didn't know how time consuming a T1D diagnosis would be for a family, I am learning so much from my friend and her hero of a daughter.


Today I used The Rabbit Hole Designs Fearless stamp set and the Colorado Crafts Company Military Strong. You don't have to stick to a theme for your stamps, TRHD set is geared toward breast cancer and the CCC set toward military but I was able to turn them into a T1D awareness ribbon and card. I also pulled out a little Lawn Fawn set for the little heart image. Combine those sets and create something new.

I wanted to leave the link for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation because when I asked Shadow for permission to talk about her daughter Nyla I also asked if she had a specific organization she wanted me to talk about. The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation JDRF was her immediate response.  Here is a link to their site: JDRF


All items were purchased with my own funds. This video / blog is not sponsored.

Confused about why I named it all Delaney Jane Cards if my name is Renee’?
This entire thing, shop, YouTube channel, blog, etc, it is all named after our angel daughter who passed away in 2013. I made her some promises when she passed away. I would spread joy, I would make her proud and I would speak her name daily. This is one way we choose to h

onor her memory, and help me keep my promises.

You can hear more about this card and Nyla's story here: Delaney Jane Cards 
Speaking of blog, you can check it out at : www.delaneyjanecards.blogspot.com
Check out our online store at: www.delaneyjanecards.com
Want to visit us on Instagram? Check us out at @delaneyjanecards
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/delaneyjanecards/
Email: delaneyjanecards@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment