Sunday, November 24, 2019

SFL Guest Spot Featuring Prima Paper and Gina Marie Design Dies - Christmas Series 2019





Hi Everyone This is Renee' with Delaney Jane Cards and I'm so excited to be on the Scrapping for Less blog today.
I created this beautifully inlaid card using a Gina Marie Designs Die called Christmas Candle A2 and some Prima Patterned Paper and some Kaisercraft tags. I wanted to create something unexpected with these items.


I picked through the patterned papers and selectively die cut small images for each of the spaces in the die.

The only place I used the same patterned paper was the flames and glow from the candles. I used this beautiful star design patterned paper which I added Darice Glitter Glue to for additional sparkle and shine.

I took the time to find red printed paper for the berries on the holly and this blue green colored paper used for the leaves was from one of the Kaisercraft tags I used.


I used Tonic Honey Gold Satin Cardstock to create the outline for this inlay. I also layered the internal pieces with brown cardstock to add dimension.


I added a simple sentiment from a Penny Black stamp set called Love & Peace. Simply white heat embossed on the same brown cardstock used as the under layer for each inlaid piece.


I absolutely love the details in this card. It wasn't a typical card for me but it was worth the time I put into it because it is beautiful. I think the gold border and the country style of the paper together really make a beautiful card. I'd highly recommend trying this combo.


I do have a process video up on my YouTube Channel  here: Delaney Jane Cards

Thank you for stopping by & remember to GIVE CARDS GENEROUSLY!
-Renee'

Most items were purchased with my own funds. This video / blog is sponsored. SFL provided the YNS stamp set used in making this card.

Confused about why I named it all Delaney Jane Cards if my name is Renee’?
This entire thing, shop, YouTube channel, blog, etc, it is all named after our angel daughter who passed away in 2013. I made her some promises when she passed away. I would spread joy, I would make her proud and I would speak her name daily. This is one way we choose to honor her memory, and help me keep my promises.


YouTube is at:  https://youtu.be/1gF98QJjX_Y
Check out our online store at: www.delaneyjanecards.com
Want to visit us on Instagram? Check us out at @delaneyjanecards


No comments:

Post a Comment