Friday, April 28, 2017

My Tribe


I have some amazing people in my life and there are a few that mean more to me than most. Four years ago I joined a pregnancy support group when I was pregnant with Delaney Jane and met over 100 of the kindest, warmest, most supportive women on the planet.

There is one in particular that I grew close to. I think it has to do with the depths of her faith and her belief in God. I wasn't religious, I was faithful. I never got mad at God during her ten short days nor did I after, but I struggled with her death and still do, to this day.

However, I met this woman online and she has been so supportive and understanding and she is my person. You know, that person you can say just about anything to, can just vent to, can hope for, can pray with, that person.

Her name is Amanda and she is amazing. Besides her family and faith, her passion was and has always been helping people. She went to school to be a personal trainer, focusing on pregnancy and postpartum fitness and then took a leap of faith and became a Beachbody Coach a little over a year ago.

Amanda held my hand, virtually, while I went on my own weight loss journey. I lost a total of 83# before I got pregnant with our now youngest, Ryker. If I needed something, Amanda was there. If I struggled, Amanda was there. If I was celebrating a win or achievement, Amanda was there.

I wanted to remind her just how special she is to me and I did what I know how to do, I made her a personalized card.

It may not seem like much, but for a few hours I totally and completely thought of no one else but her. I strived to create a beautiful card, something worthy for her to receive. I really hope it is received with as much love as it is sent with.


I heat embossed the words, be bold, be brave be wild on a piece of bright pink cardstock with clear embossing powder and then used a blending tool to do an emboss resist technique with black soot distress ink, leaving the bright pink as the words.

I heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of smooth white cardstock and die cut it with a SU die as well as another piece of that same pink cardstock with the scallop circle ( quick tip: I cut it from the back panel because no one will ever know- except you and I)

I had this super cool feather paper in a paper stack from Michael's and it matched. How could I not use it.

I cut the edge with a border die that has some stitching and this cool curve. I layered it all together and then turned to the inside of the card.

I layered another piece of that feather paper on a panel of the hot pink card stock and decided to stamp an image and another sentiment, dream big.






No comments:

Post a Comment