Monday, April 24, 2017

Hey Chick!



I played my first Color Throwdown Challenge today. The challenge is Yellow, Orange, Red and Purple (neutrals are allowed).  You can check it out here: CTD439


I wanted to play with this Hey Chick! set I received during a recent Stampin' Up promotional Sale. I had this idea in my head that in a bunch of hens, a single Rooster called one out to say hey... And I set about trying to make it happen.


I partially embossed the background panel with this hexagon embossing folder I have, I thought it resembled chicken wire fencing. I stamped the hen image several times in the background in a light ink by MFT called Natural and colored the hens in with Copic markers in very light, muted tones.




Then, I stamped the main hen and rooster on Bristol Smooth Cardstock and used my Zig Real Brush Clean Color markers and fussy cut them out. Using a couple colors of distress inks, I lightly inked over the embossing to help it stand out and around the bottom of the panel to fade the background hens. I stamped a sentiment on a piece of the same Primitive White Cardstock I used to create the focal panel and die cut that with an MFT banner die. I popped the images up using some 3M foam tape. Three PPP sparkling clear sequins and I said done on this one. Do you think I achieved what I was trying to create?

2 comments:

  1. Love those chicks!!! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vickie. I see the new one is posted and when I have a few minutes I'm going to take a look through my supplies to see what I can create for it.

      Delete