Monday, April 3, 2017

You are Amazing

This Sketched Ranunculus set by Simon Says Stamp is a favorite of many YouTubers and their videos had me running to the site to purchase it. I have used it a few times but I wanted to channel one of my favorite YouTubers and create an Amy Rysavy-esque card.


Amy is particularly fond of the messy watercolor technique with this set and I thought I'd give it a try. It is completely outside my comfort zone because I'm a stay inside the lines kind of a crafter.   I stamped the images multiple times on this panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock. I somewhat masked a few things but I didn't really take my time to do that. I was going for a messy free flowing panel. 

I used my Zig clean color markers to put a little color on the images and used a water brush to pull the color out and blend it. I know I have a lot of work to do to be comfortable and create a true messy watercolor look, but I tried. 

I did the background in a light blue and because I didn't heat emboss the images, I stamped them in versafine, the colors bled out but lent themselves to that messy look.  The panel is die cut with a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die and layered on black card stock.

I heat embossed a sentiment from this set on a piece of black cardstock and die cut it with a Simon Says Stamp banner die and popped it up with foam tape. 

A few Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling clear sequins finished this card off. 




I'd love to hear if you've mastered this technique of messy watercoloring and if so, what should I do to help myself along with this.

2 comments:

  1. Love how this turned out. The watercolor effect is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That watercolor effect is hard for me, I want to control all the things and watercolor is like... NOPE, I'm in charge. ;)

      Delete