Friday, April 14, 2017

Faith





With Easter approaching and with most Christians celebrating Good Friday today, I thought a few Easter cards would be appropriate. I started out with this blue version of this card and it morphed into the pink-purple version. Let me explain what happened and how I love them both.


I started with two pieces of Strathmore ready cut watercolor paper and my Ganzi Tambi Watercolor pallet. I put a wash of blue on one piece and a wash of pink with a touch of purple on the other and allowed them to dry.

While those were drying I stamped the Cross image on some Smooth white card stock from MFT in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. I colored one using my Copic markers and the other using my Prisma Color pencils. I fussy cut the images and set them aside.

I heat embossed the MFT flourish background stamp in clear on the pink-purple piece and stenciled the SSS morrocan stencil over the blue in stormy sky distress ink, then die cut the panels as well as two additional from MFT's Blueberry cardstock using the Park Ave frame by Mama Elephant.  I also die cut the SSS Painted Faith die 6 times, 3 black and 3 from MFT blueberry cardstock.

The first card went together just as I had envisioned, stacked the frames on top of each other, adhered the center panel directly to the card base. I stacked the blue die cuts on top of each other, stamped the cross and paper pieced the colored image onto the center panel and adhered the Faith die cut over the top. Three SU enamel dots around the cross and some Spectrum Noir Clear Glitter Overlay pen on the sentiment finished it up.

I really like the subtle dimension created by stacking the dies.


I finished the inside of the card with a sentiment and re-stamped the focal image in the stormy sky ink.




For the second card I used the same three main pieces, the Park Ave frame, the same sentiment and the same focal image. Look how different this turned out.


Instead of stacking dies for the frame, I mounted it on two layers of foam tape. Instead of layering the sentiment over the cross image, I used the cross to replace the t in faith. I added a layer of clear glitter overlay pen and a generous layer of glossy accents to the die cut and cross. A scattering of Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins and some drying time and this card was complete.



I finished the inside the same as the first but used spun sugar distress ink for the cross.


These were fun to create and it was a challenge to use these same pieces two ways.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment