Friday, April 21, 2017

Beautiful you


I was given the opportunity to get my hands on this new set by Stampin' Up called Beautiful You. I wanted to create a card of Hope for my Aunt who is now in remission from stage 4 Melanoma.




I did an emboss resist background using Simon Says Stamp's Love Background stamp. I embossed it in clear and used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to watercolor the background to reveal the words. I used the same teal colors to color the woman's dress. I die cut the panel using an A Muse studio die from their stitched tags set and cut the main panel with SU's new framelets die.  I also cut a piece of vellum with the SU framelets die but this time the scallop edge.

The sentiment is stamped with Versafine and cut with a SSS stitched banner die. After all the die cutting and the stamping and the little bit of coloring, this card came together really quickly.

The sentiment panel and main panel are raised on foam tape. The card panel is secured to a top folding A2 size card base made from Simon Says Stamp Steel Grey cardstock.

I used a little Spectrum Noir Clear Glitter Overlay pen on the woman's dress and hat as a finishing touch.

I think my aunt will love this card.


Thanks for stopping by, please let me know what you think of today's card.


No comments:

Post a Comment