Wednesday, October 30, 2019

MayMay Made It's Ask Seek Knock in a Simple Scene











I used the MayMay Made It Scripture Club Stamp set from September 2019 called Ask, Seek, Knock to create two cards. The intention was not two cards but someone, I'm not naming names, didn't hit record... Renee'...

So we ended up doing a double take and created a second card. This stamp set was requested by a viewer and friend. I was happy to create with it.

I used a very old paper pad from My Mind's Eye and when I originally saw this set I immediately thought of this one piece of paper from that pad. I'm not sure how I remember what is in what paper pad but somehow, I do. Anyway, I used several layers of patterned papers and multiple dies to create this adorable scene card... or two of them...



I added shading to create dimension to this door. It is one of those panel doors so there are tons of places where I could practice this technique. I used B00 and BG78 with BG45 and BG53 as my mid-tones. There is a lot of distance between these colors and it helps to create this really dimensional look.



Additional details like the leaning Welcome sign and tiny topiaries really help to make this a scene without any extras like more wall or windows, etc.


The images are grounded with a strip of patterned paper and a gold scalloped detailed die cut border. It creates a cozy space for the images to hang out.



I finished the cards with an identical sentiment but one is heat embossed in gold with a tiny gold bow and the other stamped in brown ink and embellished with a strip of patterned paper with banner ends. Some gold confetti spread the sparkle around the card.

To watch this card be created you can check out my YouTube channel here: Delaney Jane Cards


Thank you for stopping by & remember to GIVE CARDS GENEROUSLY!
-Renee'

All items were purchased with my own funds. This video / blog is not sponsored.

Confused about why I named it all Delaney Jane Cards if my name is Renee’?
This entire thing, shop, YouTube channel, blog, etc, it is all named after our angel daughter who passed away in 2013. I made her some promises when she passed away. I would spread joy, I would make her proud and I would speak her name daily. This is one way we choose to honor her memory, and help me keep my promises.


Check out our online store at: www.delaneyjanecards.com
Want to visit us on Instagram? Check us out at @delaneyjanecards



No comments:

Post a Comment