Tuesday, October 22, 2019

An Extra Post to Honor Delaney Jane Moran 10/22/2013-11/01/2013



If you are following along my blog or YouTube channel this week you will see that I'm the GIU girl for Unity Stamp Company and have started posting projects using their stamps. Today is the second day in a 5 day guest spot with them.  This is an extra project because of a very special little girl.



I didn't get picked this year to be a GIU girl. I tried but didn't get picked in the random drawing. Which is fine. I don't always need to be picked for things but that doesn't mean I wasn't a little sad. I've had the opportunity before and it was just not my season. Well, sometimes things work out in mysterious ways. I happened to pick up my phone and check my Facebook feed first thing the other week and low and behold there was a post from Unity asking if anyone wanted to fill a spot that someone had to back out of. I responded. Now, here is the thing. I've been a fan of Unity for years and have been a part of their fan club page since probably 2015 or so but I rarely see their posts in my feed because... well Facebook!  The timing was perfect and I saw the post and commented and I got the spot. Now, that doesn't seem all that crazy does it. I mean I am subscribed to their fan page and all but here is where it becomes a perfect timing thing.

In 2013 at about this time in the year I found Unity Stamp Company. I had purchased a small stamp at a stamp show and looked their company up on Facebook and liked their page. They were a small almost local stamp company and I really didn't have much else on my Facebook at the time so I saw all their posts. And they were really starting to gain a following. One morning I saw a post with a card and they used to do this thing where they'd pick a random winner from the comments for that post and low and behold I won. Still not to the timing thing, sorry, this post means a lot to me so hold on.

The day I found out I was the winner of this random drawing I was on my way to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee to visit my daughter Delaney Jane Moran who was in the CICU there. She had been born with a heart defect and when the doctors went in to fix it, a mistake happened and her heart was damaged more. I was in a state of shock, I was numb, I was sad, I was overjoyed to finally have a daughter, I was sore because I had just had a c-section but I was doing everything I could so my baby didn't have to spend too much time without her mommy.

On this day, I was really struggling. I felt like the world was against me in every way but no one had any idea. Everyone just went about their day in complete ignorance of how badly my world was struggling. And then I received a single Facebook notification from Unity Stamp Co asking me to contact them because I had won.

The amount of joy that little notification brought to my day is something I will never forget. Unity as a company didn't have any idea what an impact something like that would have on a person. They are just genuinely trying to be good people, build a solid business, and provide excellent customer service while maintaining quality products. All of which they are rocking btw.

So while this stamp set is no longer available from Unity Stamp Company, I thought this week was the perfect week to showcase it. After all, this week falls into Delaney's Days, Delaney's Dates, Delaney's Dash. This week is significant in my life.

If you've read this long, I'll spare you the details on how to make this card because it was some Copic coloring, paper piecing and some die cutting. I've got all the details in a video for you: Delaney Jane Cards 

If you do leave a comment here I will be including them into the drawing for the Unity Goodies at the end of the week. So it could increase your chances.







Unity Stamp Co does this very cool thing each week where they give some of their awesome stamps away just for some comments... seriously! So, to participate, if you are here during the week of 10/21/2019 - 10/25/2019, just leave a comment, it is that simple.


All items were purchased with my own funds. 

Confused about why I named it all Delaney Jane Cards if my name is Renee’?
This entire thing, shop, YouTube channel, blog, etc, it is all named after our angel daughter who passed away in 2013. I made her some promises when she passed away. I would spread joy, I would make her proud and I would speak her name daily. This is one way we choose to honor her memory, and help me keep my promises.



Check out our online store at: www.delaneyjanecards.com
Want to visit us on Instagram? Check us out at @delaneyjanecards

22 comments:

  1. For some reason, YouTube wouldn't allow me to comment, so I will comment here. This card is beautiful (as are ALL of your cards!) I just love you so much...you are an inspiration and a shining example of healing over time and how to use your tragedy to help others! My heart still breaks for you and your family, and yet rejoices in your strength and great love for God and your beautiful Delaney Jane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joann, Today my emotions are jumping out of my eyes without my control and running down my face every single chance they get. It never seems to get easier, grief is "stupid" like that. But I do try to do everything in my power to support every other parent who has lost a child, I try to support that parent that is afraid to share how they feel or how sad they really are, I want everyone to know that it is absolutely ok to grieve in their own time. That God has not forsaken them, that even though this terrible thing has happened it is a place for personal growth if you let it. I never once was angry at God for choosing Delaney for this or myself for having to live without her, but in awe that his plan for her touched so many people in such a short amount of time. She accomplished more in her 10 days, 10 hours and 20 minutes earth-side than anyone I've ever known. I am so thankful for people like you in my life who support me and this crazy emotional life I live. And support my choice to put myself out there, to support me sharing and to support my choice in how I use my experiences to help others. <3 -Renee'

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful. Any girl would love and keep this card forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. I really appreciate your comment. It makes my soul happy -Renee'

      Delete
  3. I left a comment on your Youtube. This card is cute. I have never seen the stamp before, even though I bought Unity stamps from the very beginning. I met the, at the CHA their first year....This card is very cute. I hope that the wall she is painting is her own.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, I sure hope so too... I guess I should have put a disclaimer that I do not encourage graffiti... <3 -Renee'

      Delete
  4. I love this card! My heart breaks for you for the loss of your precious daughter. Your video was great...and thanks for the reminder to send cards often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So appropriate to use this special stamp to celebrate your beloved little girl! Your colouring is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Andre. I really hoped people would not have bad things to say about me using a stamp that was no longer available. But this one means a lot to me and I wanted to share that. -Renee'

      Delete
  6. Such a fun card to celebrate Delaney's birthday! And colored perfectly; great design! I would say you've done her proud - in more ways than one. This is an awesome stamp - maybe Unity should bring it back. hint hint lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca. I really appreciate you saying that. I really wanted to use this stamp because it means so much. Sometimes just a little kindness and joy can have a lasting impact.
      And I wish they would bring it back but I think maybe they don't have this artist working with them anymore, but I'm not sure. -Renee'

      Delete
  7. Oh my heart... I can’t imagine what you’ve been through. I’m so glad that Unity brought you some joy during that time. Your card is gorgeous and a wonderful way to celebrate your beautiful daughter. Thank you for sharing your heart in your writing and your Cardmaking! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal, we all have our things that make us who we are and have brought us to where we are today. This is one of my things and I'm so thankful that I have an outlet to honor Delaney because as a mom all we want is to do what is best for our children, living or not. -Renee'

      Delete
  8. Just watched (and subscribed) to your YouTube channel. Found out about it from Courtney Kreeber's live. As I stated on the channel this is a beautiful card and a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wilma. I appreciate you checking out my channel and blog. You can find out more about The Delaney Project on Facebook. It is a 10 day random act of kindness movement we started to honor Delaney. Free, no commitment, just being kind. -Renee'

      Delete
  9. You never know what kindness will touch someone just when they need it the most. That is why I love Unity too, their kindness shines through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and What a story <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw sweet post, THANK YOU so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I loved the opportunity to celebrate Delaney in this way. -Renee'

      Delete