Monday, June 26, 2017

You Color My World


The current color throwdown had me scratching my head for a few days. Although, I love the color combination, it left me with no ideas, NONE!


 (  for details on the color throwdown, click here: ctd448  )

And then I found this one piece of patterned paper in my Pink Paisley  Take Me Away 6x6 paper pad and I was absolutely inspired.

I wanted to use this specific piece of paper in a unique way that would really highlight just how beautiful it is. I also wanted to get some use out of this globe die I received from one of those "from China" applications on my phone a while back.



What I did was die cut the globe from an area of the paper that highlighted most of the colors in the throwdown, mint, pink and purple. I then die cut the stitched rectangle from the same piece making sure to center the space the globe die cut left.



I cut a teal circle from some MFT cardstock using an Amuse Studio stitched circle die and then I die cut the globe from two more pieces, this time of a light lavender cardstock also from MFT.

I layered the teal circle and then the two lavender globes, topped with the patterned paper globe to create a beautifully dimensional globe embellishment. I then clear Wink of Stella'd the continents for some shimmer.

As you can see, the purple adds a bit of interest to the edge of the die cut globe.



My card base is some mint cardstock from MFT. To attach the card panel I layered the patterned paper onto the black cardstock then inserted the cool globe image. I had die cut a piece of the mint colored cardstock from a Blueprints die and the word Color from the same teal color I used to back the globe. I stamped my sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black ink and glued the die cut word where it fit. I popped up the sentiment strip with some foam tape around where it would touch the globe and used Ranger Multi Medium Matte to adhere it where the banner touched the globe.

I finished the card with a few sequins from Lucy's Cards Pastel Paradise Mix because they matched the colors and the softness of this card really well. I left the inside blank for a message.

I'd love to know what you think of my card.



2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool card! Love how you used the colors!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete