Sunday, June 25, 2017

Thanks A Latte!



I cannot be the only one who gets all giddy when someone asks you to play along with their blog hop or challenge? I mean, as a card maker I get so proud when someone wants me to make something for their thing, blog, challenge, whatever. (psst, it is called a monthly collaboration Renee')

My wonderful and talented friend Deb asked me to participate in her and her friend Celeste's monthly challenge blog hop post thing  (again, monthly collaboration) and I thought I'd give it a go.

This little hedgie has wanted ink from the day he arrived. I swear to you, he has been  yelling at me in his cutest hedgie voice, please choose me today. ;)

So Deb is a little obsessed with paper crafting and coffee  (and washi tape)...

My card was created in her honor.

I used Gerta Steiner Designs for the little Hedgie and all the stamps on today's card.
The paper was from American Crafts Shimelle true stories 6x6 paper pad and it was also the very last piece from a super old 6x6 I had from DCWV called Spring Mix. <---also a reason to squeel, I rarely use the last piece of a paper pad.
The washi is some clear washi with white printing from one of those apps on the phone where everything is a dollar.

So, now that we know what I used and why I made this card, let's talk about how it was created.



Although this hedgie image is more winter themed and I was informed this blog hop, post, monthly challenge thing is about summer and coffee, I figured I could liven him up with a bright summery scarf and it could work.

I paper pieced the entire image. The scarf and the cup cozy were cut from the patterned papers used and the hedgie was fussy cut out of some Neenah after I colored him with a few Copic Markers (E31, E35 & E93 to be exact) The cup was shaded with Copic C2.

I wanted to highlight this adorable coffee themed patterned paper from AC and thought this wonky banner formation would work best to anchor my main image without taking away from the paper.

The washi tape on this card, only added because of Deb. I'm not a washi tape person. I use it to mainly hold my dies down while feeding it through my die cut machine (hence the reason I pick up the 5 rolls for $1 deals). But, I thought this card needed a bit more something so I put a piece on.

I also decided to stamp my sentiment directly on the patterned paper but I wanted it to be highlighted in some way, so I lead to it with a trail of hearts. It sort of works, right? (hearts colored with Copic R24)

Let me know what you think below of this hedgie and his coffee loving ways.


Before I forget, the inside is finished with a white card liner and a fussy cut coffee cup from the patterned paper. Leaving lots of room for a thankful message.

I'd insert a picture of coffee here ___________ like she always does, but I'm not the biggest fan of coffee... I know, GASP! right!!! But I don't mind if my friends like coffee. ;)

To view the other cards in this collaboration please stop by the blogs listed below:

Meticulosity - Deb
Crafting Junky- Celeste

Please stop by and read my bio to see why my blog is called Because of Delaney Jane. 

34 comments:

  1. So cute with this adorable hedgie and his summer scarf. I like the coffee paper too. I don't drink coffee either but love the smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coffee aisle at the store always smells so good but why doesn't it taste like it smells?!? Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you agree on the scarf.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love your card and the summer colors !! Thank you so much for joining us !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inviting me along! I needed the craft push and it was perfect timing

      Delete
  3. If it was up to me - there would be a Pepsi
    blog hop. I don't drink coffee either.
    Love your little hedgehog - he doesn't
    look too wintery. It chilly here today
    so he's be right at home.
    thanks for shring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soft drink hop, you could probably make it a thing. ;)

      Delete
  4. Such a super cute card Renee! Thank you for joining Deb and I think month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...this is darling! Love that hedgie and the coffee cup paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ~amy~ I adore this paper too, even though I'm not a huge coffee fan. I still liked the look of it.

      Delete
  6. Such a cute card with all the fun colours and the hedgehog with his fun and brigt sjawl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even cute little hedgies like their coffee/cocoa. He's got lots of cute cups to choose from. Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes he sure does have a lot to chose from. Never thought of it being cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you played along. Now we can see that awesome paper and search for it.
    Your card is totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful coffee cup paper and that hedgie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Verna, this paper screamed to be highlighted and not hidden. ;)

      Delete
  11. So cute with the hedgehog and that dsp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This hedgehog has been one of my favorite most recent purchases. ;)

      Delete
  12. I think you should make more Coffee- or tea cards and join the blog too, this card is just lovely with the little hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I linked this one to the coffee lovers blog and I think I'm going to run with an additional idea before too late. thanks for the bit of encouragement. ;)

      Delete
  13. Hey Renee, just popping in from Deb's blog. Love your fabulous card! That paper is to die for! And such a sweet hedgie....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri, I really appreciate you hopping over. The paper is pretty amazing. I kept every single scrap for future use...

      Delete
  14. So adorable! Love that coffee cup paper and love his rainbow scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I hoped the rainbow scarf would summer this image up enough

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. He was so much fun to finally work with.

      Delete