Friday, June 9, 2017

Hog wild?!?



I picked up this pig stamp set from one of those shopping apps where everything is super cheap and takes forever to arrive. But it was totally worth it for these adorable images. There were maybe 7 or so images in the set but these three seemed like they could pull off some party hats and help a little boy celebrate in a hog wild sort of way...


I wanted them to be more birthday themed so I used this old set from A Muse studio Go Hog Wild, for the party hats, balloon and the grass tufts and flowers. I also pulled the sentiments from the set as well. 

A little masking helped me get those party hats in the right spots on those adorable pigs.

I used a die from Avery Elle to create the grassy border. I wanted it to appear there were rolling meadows for these critters so once I die cut the grass, I masked and sponged in an additional hill behind for the pigs to be on and it created additional depth. 

The grass was sponged with distress inks, twisted citron and mowed lawn. The balloon was a complete afterthought. once I had the card almost 100% complete I thought that pig needed something to hold. And the A Muse set had this balloon in it. It is a solid image stamp so you use colored ink to stamp it. The style wasn't the same as the stamped pigs so I used colored ink to stamp the balloon and then outlined the balloon to create a more cohesive look. This gave that pig a reason to be looking all crazy too... I added glossy accents to the balloon, pigs' eyes and to the one pig's teeth. 


As I almost always do, I finished the inside of the card with a sentiment.


I also stamped a smaller pig image and colored it to match the main images. 

I hope the little boy receiving this card thinks it is as fun as I do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment