Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Hope your birthday is...

Out of this world!


This adorable Lawn Fawn set helped me create a single layer card for a very special boy's birthday. He has issues with texture and having layers of paper on his card could have potentially sent him into a meltdown. So I created a single layer space background using some masking paper and fluid.

This was the first time I'd used the masking fluid so I wasn't sure what to expect. The star images were a little small to fill in properly so they aren't perfect but... what stars are?

I stamped the images onto Smooth White Cardstock from MFT in Lawn Fawn Jet black ink. Then I used paper masks for the large images and molotow masking fluid for the stars and I let that dry completely. Then I blended on some bright colors using Tim Holz mini blending tools and went over the entire thing with the black soot distress ink to create the background. I splattered on some shimmer spray, used a paper towel to blot some of that up and then used the tube of the spray bottle to put some larger droplets onto the background and let them dry. I used an eraser to rub away the masking fluid from the stars and colored all the images with Copic markers. I added some gelly roll pen dots in white to the background and used it to add detail to the colored images. I also went over the stamped sentiment. Since texture can be a huge thing for him, I didn't want to heat emboss but I also didn't want to lose the sentiment among the darkness of the background.


The inside has the remaining sentiment and a few starts stamped. 



No comments:

Post a Comment