Monday, June 12, 2017

I'm so Grateful


The past few weeks we've been dealing with an incredible hardship and one of the ladies from our church stepped up and helped us provide something very special for our  young son.

On top of her kindness in regards to him, she opened her heart to me and shared some of her personal story. This was the first time in the 3 years we've been attending this church that I've felt included, a part, important, & wanted. While true I've never felt like a burden to the church, I've often left after Sunday service feeling less than wanted and more like an outsider than ever before.

I've not shared that with anyone until recently.

This woman was so kind and compassionate and can relate to me and my story in so many ways and she did something incredibly kind and compassionate and all I could do was make a card. That is what I have to offer, a simple piece of paper. But you know what? I'm guessing that because she knew it was all I had to offer, it meant something to her too.


For today's card I used MFT cardstock and stamps along with Bo Bunny designer paper.  I also used a very pretty embossing folder to add some much needed texture to the main panel.

This post isn't so much about the card though, it is more about the reason for it. Thank you Jolene, thank you so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment