Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Welcome, Baby




I love mixing old and new sets and products to create cards. I feel like you really get a one of a kind look when doing it.

My brother and his girlfriend will be welcoming a baby in early July and I received an invitation for a baby shower so I needed to make a card.

I recently received a set from My Favorite Things called Welcome, Baby and it has amazing sentiments for new baby cards. I also picked up a paper pad by Taylored Expressions called Double the Joy and it has a mix of baby boy and baby girl themed papers.

I could have found a new set for the image but I wanted to use these two sets by Stampingbella, Ketto's Clothesline (with pegs) and BabyLingerie. I've had these two sets for years and love to pull them out to make cute baby cards.

I die cut a white panel of Nina Solar White with a wonky stitched rectangle and then stamped the clothes line using my Misti and some Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink. I also created a mask for each of the poles (but I probably didn't need to). I stamped the clothes onto a scrap of Nina Solar White and the center image was stamped directly onto patterned paper.

Post-it notes laid around the outside edge of the panel masked the stitching off so I could keep that white border. I hand cut a cloud border on a sticky note and used that as a stencil to sponge in some sky and clouds with tumbled glass distress ink.This is where I used the masks but the tumbled glass ink is so light I could have skipped this step. Then I used a little mowed lawn distress ink to add some grass.


I colored the image with Copic Markers, the clothes line poles, flowers at the base and the two outfits; one blue, one green. Then I fussy cut the three outfits, one from patterned paper and the two I colored, as well as three clothes pins.


I used a bit of foam tape to pop them up over top the clothes line. I mounted this main panel onto a piece of patterned paper from that same Taylored Expressions paper pad and added it to a standard A2 side folding card base made from Smooth White Cardstock (MFT).


I finished the card by adding the rest of the sentiment to the inside along with a strip of coordinating paper from the same paper pad.


That finished today's card off.



No comments:

Post a Comment