Saturday, May 20, 2017

Hope Whispers

About 10 years ago I was a member of an online stamping community where we all had a gallery and posted cards. I made it routine to comment on people's cards every day to encourage them. I commented on this one woman's card and she did the unthinkable, she sent me the stamp sets she used to create the beautiful card.

The stamp company is out of business now but it was Paper, Makeup, Stamps... and these two sets together (one has images the other just a single sentiment) make an amazing card of hope and encouragement. I wanted to create something for a very special friend and reached for these old trusty sets.


I made this last night and wasn't sold on how it looked, but I let it sit over night and now I'm liking it more. I wanted the panel to look like the sun breaking in early dawn.



I used some papers from the American Crafts True Stories 6x6 pad, my Zig clean color brush markers and Jet black ink from Lawn Fawn. The dies were MFTs stitched rounded rectangles, Spellbinders oval and Lawn Fawn scalloped border.



No comments:

Post a Comment