Saturday, May 13, 2017

Out of this World

So Friday's blog has become Saturday's blog because... well... I've got a needy infant and my glossy accents took forever to dry. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)





I created something I've never created before, a card with two interactive elements on it. You can see those almost complete circle channels cut into the card front, those allow both the space ship and the astronaut to "float" around in space. Sort of neat, right?

This card was created for our very favorite nurse at our Pediatrician's office. She will be leaving pediatrics and taking a position in oncology. She will be missed tremendously.

I figured this was a cute way to send her off to her future from my boys to her.




She has small kids so I thought something interactive would be super neat. I bet they want to play with this when their mom shows them. I know Cooper would be all over it if I'd let him!


I used the Lawn Fawn Out of this World set and stamped and colored the images with Copic markers. Then I die cut them with the matching dies. ( I wish the rocket flame would have a die, but I had to fussy cut that part) Then I chose this adorable star paper from Avery Elle, the Everyday Collection.

I used a bit of washi tape to stick the circle channel dies to the front panel and ran it through my big shot die cutting machine and kept the pieces it cut out. I temporarily adhered my panel to the card front with a little bit of washi tape and then adhered the inside of the circle channel pieces with some liquid adhesive and removed the main panel while that dried.

I applied a generous amount of foam tape to the back of the main background panel, making sure to leave an area around each of the channel so the pieces I wanted to slide had plenty of room.

MFT released several of these channel dies to make interactive cards over the last few years and they also have some little slider pieces. One set is round and the other look like a flat tic-tac. I used the oval tic-tac shaped ones for this because I wanted my elements to slide and not spin.

Some glossy accents on the astronaut's helmet and the ship's window and a heat embossed sentiment completed the card front.



I wanted the inside to be just as cute and coordinate, so I used another sentiment from the set and stamped the stars. Then I adhered an extra planet I had colored and die cut.  I really hope she likes her card.

No comments:

Post a Comment