Wednesday, May 10, 2017

I'm Late



Color throwdown day again, I am really loving this challenge. It makes me push myself to be creative. Check out the challenge here: CTD442


When I saw the colors for this week, I knew this was the stamp I wanted to use. It is this tiny set by Avery Elle called I'm Late and it is made up of three little stamps. The snail with the balloon and two sentiment lines, Happy Birthday and Sorry I'm Late...


And since this was such a simple little stamp set I wanted to make a simple little card. I chose a one layer, clean and simple card. I actually colored on the card base y'all!!! <---seriously don't know where the y'all came from because I'm from the Midwest.



I embossed a wonky stitched rectangle on the front of the card base and I loved how that looked. I stamped the image and sentiment in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink and colored with my Copics. You can see the colors this week are a pale aqua, pale beige, pale grey and pale yellow. I used three greys, N0, N2, & N4 for the snail. I used Y0000, Y11, Y13 & Y21 for the balloon ( I probably could have skipped the Y11 it really didn't even show up). I used BG0000 & BG32 for the background aqua color  and E000 & E40 for the beige color. I blended the backgrounds out with the colorless blender 0 marker. I also added some texture to the ground with the 0 marker. A simple highlight with the white gel pen on the snail, darkened his eyes with a black glaze pen and then some spectrum noir sparkle pen and glossy accents on the balloon and the party hat and the card front was complete.



I finished the inside of the card with the remaining half of the sentiment, Happy Birthday and stamped the snail in an aqua ink. That finished the card for today.







2 comments:

  1. Great take on the colors. Such a fun card, love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love the little sweetly colored snail and the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete