Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Sketched Mother's Day

I pulled out one of my new favorite stamp sets to make a Mother's Day card and sample for the 4H kids project for the week.



I used the sketched ranunculus set and heat embossed the flowers and leaves onto some Bristol Smooth Cardstock. I used Versafine onyx black ink and clear embossing powder. You still get the crisp black embossing but not the stray black powder bits black embossing powder can sometimes leave.

Then I used my Zig clean color real brush markers and added a little color to each image and pulling it out with my water brush. I only used one shade of red and one shade of green for each image. I really like the variation in color you get by pulling it out with the water. I set that aside to dry and then die cut a panel of bristol card stock with this rectangle die from the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Shapes set.

 I used the MFT hybrid ink in a neutral shade to stamp a Stampabilities medallion onto the corner of the panel. I wanted this to be very subtle. With a little distress ink and a blending pad I blended in some blue from the corner.

I heat embossed a sentiment from Avery Elle in Antique Gold Embossing Powder from Simon Says Stamp and then fussy cut the images out. These were simple shapes so they were easy and took no time at all. I used some foam tape to pop up the main flower and then adhered the remaining flowers flat using Tombo Mono Multi adhesive. Once the flowers were placed I added my leaves.

I mounted the panel on a piece of black cardstock and that finished my card.




No comments:

Post a Comment