Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Cards for the Relay for Life

Every year my mom and her twin sister participate in the local Relay for Life at our local fairgrounds. My aunt always makes a bunch of quilts and they raffle them off. This year I was asked to create two sets of cards to be raffled off. One featuring birthday cards and the other being a wedding set.


I was allowed to be creative with this and didn't have any other parameters, and honestly, I work best like that.




I made two cards with some gold embossing details with a Stampendous stamp I've had for a very long time. Which, I guess you'd find a lot of, stamps I've had for a long time. So I chose to do two of this style, one in red and one in cream and white. Both feature a beautiful honey gold paper to accent the embossed details.




The other two birthday cards in this set are made with an even older stamps set. This one was purchased back in 2009 to make a birthday card for my oldest son. He was into magic and I made a card that was called a magic slider card for him. I'll have to make another one to see if I can recreate in.

Anyway, the cards both feature some brightly colored patterned papers from a scrapping for less monthly card kit. I believe it is their own paper. I used the Inkadinkado stamp set to emboss the image on white cardstock and then ink blended over the top with distress oxide inks creating a rainbow background. I added a few sequins and a small stamped sentiment from a much, much newer stamp set by Simon Says Stamp. A few scallop die cuts across the top of the cards feature a new to me stamp and die company, Pink and Main. Their dies are bright pink which I like because they don't get lost as easy on my crafting desk. You'd be surprised what I can lose on that large desk!



The other card set is a wedding set. There are four cards all featuring gold, pink, black and grey. I've created cards starting with engagement and they include bridal shower, wedding and anniversary. A true complete wedding package.


The engagement card features a brand new stamp company and a super awesome stamp set. The stamps are from Colorado Crafts and I've found myself drawn to their sets. All of them feature the feet of whatever the characters are doing. This one, as you can see,  is a gentleman asking his lady to be his wife. Some beautiful golden accents and some dimension make this card super special.


The bridal shower card coordinates with the use of gold. A pretty card that will be passed around at the shower for sure. A gold heat embossed wooden butterfly embellishment adds some very special sparkle to this little beauty.


The wedding card features two champaigne flutes with bubbles, the same gold, pink, black and white color pallet and ties together with the other cards with pattern and style. Details like glossy accents and gold stamping and beautiful die cut edges help this card stand out.




Why not send a coordinating card for the couple's first anniversary. Although this card does not feature an anniversary sentiment nor a number 1 to distinguish a first anniversary, this card would be a welcome token or remembrance for a first anniversary.  However, this card can be used as another wedding card or even a separate anniversary card. A coordinating color pallet of pink, gold, black and white ties this together with the other cards.

Although these cards were a special order and are already spoken for, similar cards can be found on my online store. www.delaneyjanecards.com

No comments:

Post a Comment