Friday, June 14, 2019

Technique of the Week June 14th

I'm absolutely sure I'm participating in the 30 day coloring challenge. The Daily Marker hosts it often and it is a way to encourage creativity through coloring, in any medium.

My favorite coloring medium is probably my Copic Markers. I like how they blend, I love the control I have with them and honestly, it is just the medium I've practiced with most, so I'm most comfortable with them.

I colored a fish image, largemouth bass from Raisin boat with the following Copic markers.


While I don't plan to share a finished card in today's blog post, I wanted to share the following video clip of a fun technique called Glazing.


Glazing is going over the colored image with another color to change the tint, hue, tone or depth. I colored this largemouth bass and then used a more olive colored marker to glaze the image and change it.

The 30 day coloring challenge starts in a few days. I'll post links and additional details soon.

As always, check out our store at www.delaneyjanecards.com for handmade greeting cards you can't find anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment