Monday, June 17, 2019

A Shore thing and Day 3

Today, I had the opportunity to sneak a few minutes in of some crafty time. I am still working through the Pink and Main Crafty Courtyard card kit. I'm working on creating as many cards as possible with these kits to make them worth the cost because it is hard for me to justify the monthly fees for these kits if I can't make a bunch of cards with them. 





These are the three cards I'm choosing to share today. All different but all using this kit. I think being able to create entirely different feeling cards from one kit makes this one a real winner.



This seashell card was actually the last of the three that I made today. It was made up of extras. I had this panel die cut and these left over shells from the other shell card I made. The only thing I had to do was stamp and watercolor the sentiment strip and adhere everything together on a Tonic Studio honey gold panel. So pretty and delicate looking. I finished it off with some of the PnM rose gold gems. STUNNING!


The second card features this amazing light house. I masked the stamped image and ink blended the background panel with some stormy sky distress ink and a honey bee stamps stencil. I layered everything onto some heavy weight cardstock and adhered the panels to the card base. I cut my sentiment stamp (GASP!) so it fit on the wooden planks of the patterned paper, tied a piece of the brown twine to the panel and added a few knots for a nautical look.




A little glossy accents on the light of the light house finished this card. I adore the color combination of this kit and this card.


The final card for the day is something I never thought I'd create. I dry embossed the circle with the embossing folder that came in the kit, Darice's sunrays. I used some abandoned coral and squeezed lemonade distress ink. I masked off the circle with a piece of post it tape I cut a freehand wave pattern from and ink blended the water, broken china and chipped sapphire distress oxide.

I masked off the water and inked up the sand with antique linen distress oxide. I added some water splatters to the image and let them sit and picked the water up with  my towel. And I mounted the circle to a deep gray/ blue cardstock. I heat embossed the sentiment on the water in the little scene with white embossing powder.

I heat embossed the shells with gold embossing powder and water colored with zig clear color markers in pink flamingo and tea rose and blended the color out with the blender pen. I layered these shells on the edge of the circle.

I finished this card off with some spectrum noir sparkle pen, flat back gems, a gold Love from Lizi peel-off and some pattern papers from the paper pad. I popped the circle and shells up on foam mounting tape and tucked those gems in to add more sparkle.





Today was day three of the 30 day coloring challenge by the daily marker.


No comments:

Post a Comment