Thursday, June 20, 2019

Day 6 and I felt like Dory!

Have you seen that movie, the one where the blue fish continues to say Just keep swimming... ?


This card was my keep swimming moment of the week, for sure!


I embossed the image on white bristol smooth cardstock. I had envisioned water coloring these flowers with sepia tones. I did what I thought would have accomplished just that but, it did not look nice at all. I almost threw this card panel away. I never do that, but I almost did.


I got up from the craft desk and did some housework and went back to it. I figured I could splatter brown and gold splats on the image and maybe that would help. NOPE, still hated it.

I got out a stamp set that has splatters and swatches you can stamp so it looks random but it really is controlled... I stamped that on the image. STILL HATED IT!

I left it alone for a little while and did more housework. When I went back to my desk I actually picked it up to throw it away and then decided, to ink blend over it because maybe it would help. I thought it couldn't hurt. I was ready to throw it out anyway. So I ink blended distress oxide inks over the entire panel, image and all. AND... it looked like leather. I actually sort of liked it.

I decided to stamp a sentiment and then use those zig clean color real brush markers to add some deeper color inside the sentiment letters.

I layered the panel onto a piece of gold tonic cardstock and then onto dark brown.

I love how this ended up. It looks so regal and beautiful and stunning and warm and I was so excited to share it. 

Moral of the story for day 6 of this coloring challenge, keep swimming, that blue fish has it right.


No comments:

Post a Comment