Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Coloring without coloring on Day 5

What a neat concept, to color without actually coloring. My Favorite Things makes this set called abstract art, many companies make similar sets which consist of scribbles, paint brush swipes, spots, dots and splatters.

I stamped the image, Simon Says Stamp's beautiful flowers across two card panels of Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock. And I heat embossed it with ultra fine gold embossing powder.

I die cut the panel out with a Mama Elephant stitched rectangle from the Basic Set Dies. Then I simply stamped the large scribble from the MFT stamp set over the image, twisted citron for the leaves and spun sugar for the flowers.

The sentiment was heat embossed in the same gold embossing powder and it is from a Pretty Pink Posh stamp set called simple sayings Courage. I felt like the line style matched this stamped image so well.


I layered it on a piece of Tonic Gold Pearl Satin finish cardstock. I then mounted the matted panel to a piece of Bazzill Guava Sensation cardstock, which is an excellent match to the spun sugar distress oxide, and then onto another piece of the gold pearl cardstock.

I know I used a lot of products to make what seems like a super simple card, but I think it turned out really pretty and in just a few minutes I had a very beautiful card, in my opinion.


That completed day 5 of the coloring challenge for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment