Saturday, June 29, 2019

Life begins after coffee

I went into the craft room today to make a birthday card for a young man, a 30 year old man and this isn't a card for a young man. Sometimes creativity just takes over and decides what is going to be made and today that is exactly what happened.

I pulled out some of my older stamps. The coffee set is a Clearly Besotted set I've had at least 5 years. The bird is a stamp I've had even longer. A friend of mine and I went to a rubber stamp show about 7 or 8 years ago and we each purchased a grab bag of unmounted rubber stamps from Victorine Originals. I think they have merged with Raisin Boat stamps and is now SumMore Fun stamps.

The papers in this card are from Pink and Main and came from their new release. The papers just spoke to me.


I stamped the mugs in Pink and Main inks, street light and stop sign. And I die cut them with the coordinating die.

I hand cut the edge of a piece of kraft cardstock and then ink blended distress oxide frayed burlap ink on cardstock without reinking my foam, I just used the ink remaining from the last time I used that foam. I added some white pen dot detail as well as some gold dot detail with my gel pens for a little bit of interest. Then I used a versamark pen and heat embossed the edge with WOW white puff embossing powder.


I used asphalt ink by Pink and Main for the coffee steam and the birds but I used second generation stamping to get a much lighter image. I thought it made the birds look like they were far in the distance.


I placed the cups on the weathered wood "table" and stamped the sentiment in the same Pink and Main Asphalt ink but first generation so it was very bold. I didn't want to introduce black on this card because I thought it would be too bold.

I used two Copic markers to fill the cups with coffee, E57 & E59 because you have to have coffee in the cups...

I love this scene and wish I could find this beach. I'd love to sit and watch the waves crash on the shore while drinking out of one of these adorable mugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment