Saturday, June 15, 2019

June Pink and Main Unboxing and a 30 Day

Today, Kathy Rakusen has started her 30 day coloring challenge. Her philosophy is that  10 minutes a day of coloring can melt the stress away and I'm not sure I don't agree. I have always found coloring to be my therapy. I'll leave the link to her blog below so you can participate in the 30 day challenge yourself!


I have been trying to get into my craft room daily but sometimes that just isn't in the cards. And with that, inspiration can sometimes be hard to come by. The past 4 months I've been subscribed to Pink and Main's new subscription box and it has been a really good inspiration point. Although, it does not help with finding time to craft. If someone would sell a box with extra time in it, I'm sure I'd sign up for that!

The new Pink and Main Courtyard box arrived today. And as always there are things I'd reach for over and over again and some things that are a stretch for me and my style of card making. Which makes these boxes a real exercise in stretching my skills.

I don't have a video capable setup yet so my unboxing is done with photos this month. I hope to be video capable by next month.

 The kit always comes in this adorable pink box. And to protect this fun box, it was packaged in a postal envelope. So now I will feel terrible about tossing it in the trash so it may have to become my June splat box for now.

Once opened everything is packaged in tissue paper, as always. And if you wanted to, you could use this tissue paper in your monthly projects because it does coordinate.






The themed postcard with info about the month's theme and what is inside the box. On one side there is this awesome anchor image and on the other side is the color theme, name of the monthly collection and the contents of the kit.



Everything but the cardstock is enclosed in this zip top pouch. I believe the dimensions are 8 1/2 x 11". I love these to hold my projects in progress.


These are the embellishments inside the kit, buttons, gems, sequins, twine and the wooden pieces. Some of these are things I'd reach for over and over, and others are things I'd normally not use. We will see how this works out for me this month, will I or won't I reach for them???





 These two items are in my wheelhouse for sure. Embossing folder and embossing powder. I love how this folder could be sun rays from the sun to the ground or sun rays below the water. And this embossing powder is really pretty. Very nautical in color.




The 6x6 paper pad, Colored cardstock and stamp set are the items I'm most excited for. These papers are so beautiful. Gender neutral, nautical, they read textural but are smooth. I can see them adding a lot to my cards. The cardstocks all coordinate and the light kraft one has an embossed polkadot texture to it. I'm excited to see what I can create with this kit.





 This stamp set is the item I was most excited about. Look at that ship in the bottle! I've got so many ideas for this set. And as of now it is sitting on my work desk waiting to be used.





  So back to this 30 day coloring challenge. I did a little coloring today on some fish, of all things. Yesterday I posted a quick video clip of a technique called glazing done with copic markers. Today I finished coloring those images and created three cards.

Here is a photo of the finished coloring. Three cards were created, all similar but different. One has a fish hook in its mouth, another is on a wobble and the third is simply colored and highlighted with glossy accents.







For additional information on the daily marker 30 day challenge, please feel free to check out the Facebook page, Facebook group or the daily marker blog all linked below.



Daily Marker Facebook Page

Daily Marker Facebook Group


The Daily Marker

As always, if you are interested in seeing what other cards I've created, you are welcome to check out our online store at www.delaneyjanecards.com

No comments:

Post a Comment