Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Happy Birthday To My Brilliant Son



I've been creating a lot of custom cards the last few weeks as well as stocking our new shop with our ready made inventory and it has made life pretty busy!

I had the opportunity to create a birthday card for a fellow card maker's son. The request was for a birthday card, no direction, color scheme, idea... etc. And those are sometimes hard when you want to ensure the card is exactly what the "customer" wants.


I was drawn to this set of papers for a masculine birthday card. I figured the woodgrain paper would add enough visual texture so the card could remain fairly flat. A single silver brad is the only raised element on this card front. 



I don't know much about her son except: he likes football, he has 4 beautiful children and a lovely wife, and he is a Pastor. That is about all I know... well, he apparently has an amazing sense of humor... I give you the inside sentiment as proof~ ;)


I wanted to add some detail to the card front so I used some stitched edge dies and created all the panels with those. I figured, masculine but detailed... right? 



I would really love to know what you think of my card today. I love blog comments!



Cards like those seen in this blog can be viewed and purchased at my online store:

Click here for a direct link: DelaneyJaneCards
You can also copy and paste www.DelaneyJaneCards.etsy.com into your browser to get to the online store. We would love for you to stop by and check out some of our other amazing cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment