Monday, July 3, 2017

Holly Hobby


My mom has been subscribed to Cardmaking magazine for at least 8 years or so, since she was up late one night and purchased the first Cricut machine from HSN for me and the 1 year was included. Since then, she has continued to receive it but doesn't do more than flip through the magazine and then pass it along to me. Each month it comes with a free gift and once, in maybe 2013, it came with a Holly Hobby stamp set. I wanted to start digging into my stash and use what I have because not everyone is able to purchase the newest things each month and I wanted to show how strong a "stash" card could be.

I pulled out a very old 6x6 paper pad from Simple Stories as well and decided to create the card based on the colors and textures of the papers in the pad. I've had this paper pad for several years, probably close to 6 and I did locate it online but it is retired. I'm sure cute paper packs similar are on the market.

This pad was always a challenge for me. I used up the most of the sheets of single pattern paper and what was left were these sheets made up of little squares and rectangle pieces I'm sure were meant to be cut apart and used in a scrapbook of some sort. There were two larger pieces with single patterns left and I used them both in this card, the Chevron and the Yellow with white polka dots.




I paper pieced the kite and the girl's hat using some of the smaller pieces in the pack. And I colored the image with my Copic markers. (E00, E39, R24, R27, YG17, YG25, YG45, B000, B00, B41, B93, B97 & 0 Colorless Blender) I also edged the paper pieced pieces with my Tombow dark grey marker.

Dies used to create this card were MFT Die-namics Blueprints 2 large rectangle, MFT Die-namics Pierced Rectangles second to largest rectangle, un-named circle die.


I didn't add any dimension to this card because I wanted it flat for mailing and I thought the layers added enough interest. The inside was finished with a white cardstock panel and a strip of the yellow with white polka dot paper.

I'd love to know what you think of my card.



No comments:

Post a Comment