Thursday, February 27, 2014

What is better than Ink and Rubber? Ink, Rubber and a Best friend!!!

Today we had a massive card making marathon. My best friend and her husband came down to visit and we got to spend the entire day crafting while he did his thing. It was such a nice change of pace from crafting on my own, which I love, but it was nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of. So we played with some Unity, some AI stamps today and she brought one basic grey / hero arts set.

Little Stinker
 

 So this is the cutest AI stamp I have seen in a long time. Little Stinker.  The stamp is a set, image and sentiment.  The first time this little guy was inked, we both made cards.



I love making images female when the artist has portrayed them as male, just for the fun of seeing what can and can't be either gender. I chose to make this "boy" a girl and she chose to do a green shirt which could be gender neutral.



 I colored the image using Copics, E000, E00, E02 & E11 for the skin tone. RV34, RV21 & R20 for the shirt. N0, N1 & N2 for the white diaper/ undies and the white stripe on the skunk hat. I used N4, N5 & N6 for the rest of the skunk hat.

The background was embossed with a chevron embossing folder. The pink stripe was secured with 6 little black brads. I think that she is the cutest little stinker ever!


 Bestie did her version using greens. I'm not sure of her combination but it was really neat to see her love on my Copics and love how they blend. She used cream instead of white card stock and some awesome coordinating papers. I am very proud of her for this card. She did a great job.

And then there was Unity!

Change is a good thing


These tighty whiteys were screaming out for some fun pattern and color. I figured that putting a cool pattern like these superhero stars on them would make them more awesome than ever. I was right! lol... I found it really neat that the placement of the undies worked out the way it did. Notice no stars on the inside of the undie's leg holes? I didn't even notice until I cut the image out. Then I didn't notice the difference in the background paper and the undies until I put them together. The white dots...see them? they are on the background but not the undies. I didn't realize that the white dots faded as they went across the 12 x 12 until this card. It worked out pretty neat, don't you think?


Bestie's Stack of Books


 Look how awesome her coloring is. And the paper choices! And the use of the paper clips. What an awesome card.

Bestie's Vespa


 Again with the greens. She absolutely rocked the coloring on this one. I love how the rear fender looks 3-D. I think her inking around the oval shows movement and action. Great job Maria!


And Bestie's last card, made with this adorable Hero Arts set. 



She pinned a card probably a year ago and loved this set but never had the time to sit down and create the card. Well today, she did!!! And look how adorable this card turned out.




 Here are some more cards I created today. 

I used the Little Stinker stamp to create a boy and a girl card because my Mom took the first Little Stinker card I made so I had to create another one or two.





And then back to Unity

This itty bitty is so sweet. I think that anyone would love to receive a card using this set. It just says so much with the simple Sent with Care sentiment. 



This card reminds us to enjoy the little things. 3 butterflies were stamped on the background paper and one on shiny red card stock. It was cut out and glued down only at the center.



 My last card was sort of a challenge for myself. I found these three patterned papers that I thought looked awesome together and I wanted to use them with this stamp set. I usually throw around a few ideas before putting a card together and this time I was able to use the three papers, plus two solid colors and the card came together really quickly. I think this set is super cute and I can't wait for someone to receive this card. I wonder how they will react to hearing that You Look Great for an Old Bag.



10 comments:

  1. Cute cards. Isn't it fun to craft with friends? Can't wait to get the Sent with Care image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had do much fun with your bestie! You ladies are both very talented card makers and such great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very crafty! It's always more fun to craft with a friend. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW You have been busy. Great selection of cards. It is fun to craft with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh you've been busy looks like lots of crafty fun had and they all look awesom

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOAH!! You have been busy! These are all marvellous cards.. !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all of those wonderful cards. How fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! Lots of cute craftiness. You now have a good stash!

    ReplyDelete