Sunday, February 16, 2014

Did you say 4-H kit card?

My best friend teaches the 4-H kids in her town how to stamp and make cards. I had been a big part of this experience until I lost Delaney. After that it was difficult to be around kids, people who asked questions, and just people in general.

WELL, today I am going to win this battle with anxiety and missing out on things that I love. I am going to go to her 4-H card meeting!

I can't just show up, I HAVE to bring a project for them. (of course)!!!

So I decided to bring something that incorporates several techniques, but that looks simple and effortless.

The first step was punching all the butterflies, I chose to use a rainbow color palette on white.
 After punching the butterflies, I folded up the wings and stacked them together to form a 3-D butterfly.


Then I ran the back layer through the Cuttlebug Swiss dots folder. And heat embossed the sentiment (with love) on the second layer.

After gluing the dry embossed layer to the card base and the butterfly to the second layer with the heat embossing, I used 3-D foam tape to pop this panel up.



As you can see this results in a white on white card with a pop of color.



No comments:

Post a Comment