Monday, February 24, 2014

If only there were a cure for Cancer

It seems to be a theme today, cards for someone or about someone that has cancer. There is a very special little boy who was just diagnosed with A.L.L Leukemia. He loves Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and a card was ordered especially for him. I colored the image but other than that I didn't do too much. The image is big and fun and I hope the purchaser and the receiver love it as much as I do.

TNMT



The second card I completed today is not cancer related but definitely child related. A pretty, pretty Princess for a little Cinderella loving princess. This is a free coloring page image that has been resized and then colored with Copics. The background was run through the Cuttlebug and that blue glittery Card stock was just mounted to another piece of pretty sparkly paper and TA-DA a completed Cinderella card for one special girl.

Cinderella






After that it was back to Cancer card making. My Mom's friend passed away recently from cancer and there is a benefit coming up for her family to help pay for her final expenses. I offered to donate some cards for her benefit. So although the cards may not carry a cancer theme, they were made because of cancer.


A woman contacted me because she knows I make cards to sell and the profits are going toward my daughter Delaney's headstone. She stamped a ton of cute images for me and the majority of these cards were made with some of her images. 

Wheel barrel with Tulips


 This wheel barrel was super fun to color and to exaggerate the wood grain. The image has some in it but with a little effort I was able to create a very distinguishable wood grain.

Frog rides Turtle


 Super fun flower brad accompanies this duo. It looks like they are stopping to smell... err... taste the flowers.

Girl in the Butterfly Wings


This sweetie looks like she just sat down after playing all afternoon in those wings. How fun is she?!? Three purple brads frame just a little corner of the image circle.

Girl with a Bunch of Tulips


 I think this girl looks so sweet with her bunch of tulips. I'm not sure the image name but this little girl was a whole bunch of fun to color.

Mouse with Daisey


The flower was colored with E40, E41 and E43 for the white. I absolutely love how this turned out. Isn't that mouse just darling? Three little heart brads stack up on the side of the image.

Besties


 Looks like some besties right here. I had a trip coloring them and picking through the paper scrap bin to find coordinating papers. I think there are about 4 or more of these cuties stamped out for me and I might just have to color one for the real life bestie!

Cancer Cannot


And then of course I had to stamp the What Cancer Cannot Do stamp and do up a really cool card for the benefit with this very touching saying. Two little square brads hold a simple tab down for a little additional detail.

Reflection


And then one fun, for no reason than to play card. I have seen the cards where people do the reflection in the water of an image and I wanted to try that so badly. Tonight I tried for the first time ever and this was the result. I think for a first try it is pretty fabulous. I can't wait to see what else I can create after I play with this technique a little while longer. And I have to say thank you to the bestie for allowing me to borrow this set and play with it. I can't wait to see what other things I can come up with.


2 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful and your colouring is amazing! I haven't got the hang of colouring with Copics yet so I just fling my paint/ink around the page and hope for the best! Good luck in your search for challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started with these copics and I hope to get so much better at coloring with them.

    ReplyDelete