Thursday, February 20, 2014

Unity 3 ways and a little card of Hope

I will get to the Unity 3 ways in a minute but first I want to talk about the Card of Hope.

Today was an emotional day. I found out that the son of a very good friend was diagnosed with Leukemia. He started his chemo today and this is probably going to be along road for them.

Cancer has a special place in my heart because my family has been touched so hard by it's effects and I have always tried to send cards of hope to those who need it. Last year at either the scrapbook expo or the rubber stamp show I found a stamp by Chatterbox and it is my go-to for the first card of hope. It can, however, seem a bit grown up especially when the intended audience is a 5 year old little boy.


So I added monsters and aliens and bright colors and hoped that this would cheer this little boy up during this very scary time.



I fussy cut two of the aliens/ monsters from the background paper and added a few star brads. Inside is signed by 70-ish women who all love and support this little boy and his mother.

Now, onto the Unity 3 ways. Heat Embossed, Paper pieced and Colored with Copics.


This great camera image was heat embossed in white on black and then the camera was fussy cut and put on this most perfect designer paper. I heat embossed the SHOOT! directly on the designer paper in white. This would be a great card for a photographer, a hobbyist, or for a late birthday card as in... SHOOT! I forgot your birthday.


The second of the Unity tri-fecta is paper pieced. I stamped this adorable umbrella in the rain stamp on cream paper and then on the designer paper and fussy cut the umbrella out and paper pieced it onto the image on cream. This card is a great reminder that the worst always ends and that things always get better.



And the final of the three is Coloring with Copics. I received this awesome Elephant stamp as a free gift from Unity. I wasn't sure what to do with it but I really though it would color nicely. So that is exactly what I did, colored it! The elephant sits on a dry embossed layer that looked Indian and to me the Elephant looked Indian. I think this Be Original Be You card is a great one for encouragement.




No comments:

Post a Comment