Saturday, January 16, 2016

Thanks for being so Sweet

Oh my gosh, I know you looked at the calendar and realized Valentine's day is in less than a month. So that means valentines in pink and purple and candy and chocolate! I decided to make today's card using this incredibly cute donut image from the Sprinkled with love set. There are matching dies but I chose to fussy cut the image out for this card.

 This is the card I made for today. Super cute right? Lots of sparkle and pink and something sweet.

Here is how I made it. Again, I concentrated on the coloring aspect because that is my thing.

 To get started I pulled out all the goodies. Memento Tuxedo black ink. Stamps are attached to blocks, glitter is at the ready and so is the cool quickie glue pen. I had foam adhesive squares and bubblegum pink ink (not pictured) ready to go too.

My first step was to stamp this adorable donut image from Sprinkled with Love onto sugar card stock with the Memento ink.
Then I stamped this background image from Welcome to the Neighborhood onto a card base made of sugar card stock with bubblegum ink.
Cute huh?

I went ahead and stamped the sentiment below this with Memento ink. I could have used onyx ink but since I already had the Memento out, I just used that.

Then I started coloring. I just did a single color on this little band of the actual cake part of the donut. E57 (light walnut) worked just fine for this.

The frosting needs to be pink. I said we were making a Valentine's card after-all. So I started with RV10 (pale pink), as a base color.
Added RV11 (pink) to the edges where the donut would be rounded. It is a very close in color but it helps build depth.
I added the darkest shade RV13 (tender pink) on the edges. (I did end up putting some near the center donut hole too and that is more noticeable in the finished image)

After blending it all out and fussy cutting the image I used my W6 (warm grey no.6) to color the edges of the sugar card stock. This gives a real nice finished look to the image.
And onto the sparkle! I thought this donut needed to be glittery. I used the Quickie Glue pen to draw glue onto the image in those white stripes.


One really nice thing about this Quickie Glue pen is that it goes on blue but dries clear. Never miss a spot again with this bad boy.


And add sparkle. This Diamond glitter is gorgeous. I dumped it over the image.
Then shook it off and tapped it against the paper using my angled tweezers, who wants glitter all over their fingers. Definitely not me! See the sparkle? It is so pretty.

I attached the donut to the center of the background image using foam adhesive squares.
See, not too thick to go through the mail.
And there we have it. A super easy and quick card that will make someone's day. I know I'd love to received this in the mail.





A Muse Studio Products Used

Ink
Bubblegum
Memento Tuxedo Black

Paper
Sugar Cardstock

Adhesive
Quickie Glue Pen
Foam Adhesive

Stamp Sets
Sprinkled with Love (donut and sentiment)
Welcome to the Neighborhood (background)

Embellishments
Diamond Glitter

Copic Markers
E57 ( light walnut)
RV10 (pale pink)
RV11 (pink)
RV13 (tender pink)
W6 (warm grey no. 6)


All products can be purchased here: A Muse Studio


No comments:

Post a Comment