Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Hey Cupcake


Hey Cupcake!

I wanted to focus this blog post on making two entirely different cards from the same stamp set, using the same papers. Is that even possible? ABSOLUTELY! Stamping is super versatile and you can really show your personal style through your own card making. 

I made two cards using the stamp set Hey Cupcake. I've had this set for a few years and it is still available in the inspiration guide.  

I used the same papers, mermaid small dot, kraft and sugar. I used the same markers, one used much simpler coloring  than the other. I used the same die. And actually used what many would discard to create the card above. 


This is the hey cupcake stamp set from A Muse Studio. There are 11 cling mount stamps inside a cd type case.


To create this cute card, I first die cut the sugar card stock with the stitched edge die from the Tag Bundle die set. The kraft was the outside frame left over from die cutting the pinked edge die panel for the second card I will show at the end of this blog post. On the sugar panel I stamped the frosting in Bubblegum pigment ink.

Then I stamped the outlined image on some scrap paper and cut it out to use as a mask to cover this cute sugary confection.
See, I really used scrap paper, there are all sorts of things on this paper. It just sits on there, no need for sticky anything since I was stamping straight down and there wasn't going to be any ink blending or anything like that.
This is one of the great things about A Muse Studio stamps. That image is printed right on the cling foam. No sticker or label, it is printed right on there. So, now I get the freedom a clear stamp would offer but that crisp image from a rubber image.
Once I had the cupcake stamped I was able to remove the mask and color the image.
I wanted to keep it super simple so I didn't even do any shading. Just one color for the cupcake and another for the wrapper. I stamped a sentiment from the set in Versafine Onyx Black ink and the main panel was complete.

I set the main panel aside and created the card base. I cut a single sheet of Mermaid polka dot card stock in half lengthwise. I was able to create two top folding cards. TIP: One trick with white core card stock is to crease and fold your card stock the white side out first. Use your bone folder to make a super crisp fold. 

 Then fold it the opposite way. No breaking of the paper fibers, no wonky fold lines, just a crisp clean fold.
After creating the card base, it was time to assemble. I gathered all the pieces I would need. The left over frame from cutting a kraft panel for card number two, the card base, and the card front main panel. 

I used Tombow Mono Multi Adhesive to adhere the layers together. Then stamped some cuteness on the inside. A simple Happy Birthday finishes off the inside of the card.


For the second card made with the same supplies:

I used the center from the pinked die cut as the main panel. I stamped the cupcake, frosting and cherry onto sugar card stock and colored them with Copic markers. I fussy cut them, used a Tombow N55 marker to color the edges of the white card stock for a more finished look and stamped the sentiment.


A Muse Studio Products used

Cardstock
Mermaid polka dot
Sugar
Kraft

Dies
Sinking edge die- Tag bundle
Stitched edge die- Tag bundle

Ink
Bubblegum pigment ink
Memento onyx black ink
Versafine onyx black ink

Copics
E44
E49
E53
E55
Y11
Y13
Y15
R32
R35
R39

Tombow

N55



shop here:

check me out here:

or here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment