Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Muse Studio... I started a thing!

This week I received a starter kit to become a creative consultant with A Muse Studio. I have been on the fence about joining them for years and finally decided that the starter kit was seriously worth my money this time. I ordered the deluxe kit so I could have all the goodies.

I went ahead and did an unboxing video of my starter kit.


A Muse Studio Creative Consultant Deluxe kit unboxing

The kit was packed full of goodies to use, try and demonstrate.

This morning I had a few minutes so I tried out one of the ready made designs. I did make it my own by using my Copic markers to color the main image, since I love to color so much.

I took photos so you could follow along.


This is the card we are going to make. This cute camper is from the Happy Camper set and can be purchased here: Shop A Muse Studio


The technique I wanted to focus on for this card was the use of Copic Markers to color the main image. All the Copic colors used are available through A Muse Studio as well.

These were the products used to create this card. A list of colors, Copic and Ink will be listed below.


Using the proper size acrylic blocks makes stamping so much easier.


I used Memento ink in Tuxedo Black to stamp my image. This ink is Copic friendly.


I stamped my image a few times on A Muse's Sugar Card stock, to ensure I got a great image.






Then I colored. Laying a base color down on the image. I used the next darker color to start the shading near the edges of the image. Added the darkest color in to really define the shadow and blended it back out with the lightest color. 



Here all the blending on this part of the camper is complete.


                                                                   See the shading?



                                  I picked these three shades for the lower part of the camper.








This is the first layer of color. I just filled in the space to saturate the paper with color.








This is the second step in coloring this part of the image. Laying in some shadow with the middle color.




    Here I have added the darkest shade in the areas where the shadow will be the darkest.








  The colors are all blended out now. I use the lightest color to blend all the colors together.






I wanted to finish the details, windows, door and hub caps. So those were all done without blending but they are small spaces. 

Here, I have used Y11 to fill in the window and door to indicate maybe lights on inside the camper.


 The hub cap and the door were colored with W6. A warm grey.






After trimming out the image, I used the same W6 marker to quickly color the white edges to make it look like I had trimmed it out perfectly.


Then I added the camper to the card panel. I stamped a camper directly on this card panel so I didn't have to trim out the camper with the hitch since that is so little. I sponged navy ink on the card and stamped the stars in lemon whip. The card panel was attached to a card base made with navy card stock and that is it. Cute card. Took about 15 minutes with breaks to deal with a fussy baby.



A Muse Items used:

Ink
Memento Tuxedo Black
Lemon Whip Pigment Ink
Navy Pigment Ink

Copics

BG 13 mint green
BG 15
BG 18 teal blue

E43
E44 clay
E49 dark brown

Y11 pale yellow

W6 warm grey no.6

Stamps
Happy Camper

Paper
Sugar Cardstock
Navy Cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment