Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Hi My Friend





Hi My Friend


Oh how cute is this quick card? The thing that took the longest was dry time, and you could speed that up with a heat tool. Let me show you how this adorable, bright, fun card for a friend was made.

Yep, this is how it started. The 4x4 block with water painted on the surface. I used the Splash colors to drop color into the beaded up water. First, Marigold and then Blush. I just unscrewed the top and used the inner straw to put color where I wanted it. I could have sprayed it on the block as well.



 Then I applied sugar card stock to the colored water (peerless water color paper may have worked better as I did end up with a little warping) I rolled it from one side of the block to the other.



And when it came off, it was light and splotchy and I honestly almost threw it away. But I pressed on. ;)   I decided the paper needed more texture so I used each of the colors and added splotches of color by tapping the inner straw with my finger while holding it over the paper.  I did the Blush first and then the Marigold.  Then I set the piece to the side to dry and moved on to the next step.



I die cut the word hi several times from a strip of sugar card stock. 


Then layered 5 of them together with the Quickie Glue Pen. I added dimension by using a Tombow N55 marker to color the edges.



I topped the stack off with the last die cut so the face of the word is really clean and clear.

I cut and folded a piece of Bubblegum Card stock into a standard A2 size card. 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/2. I stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner. 

Then I cut the piece of card stock I had smooshed color all over, into an asymmetrical shape and applied it to the front of the card. ( I did peel the top of this layer up later to add ribbon... hindsight)
I adhered the die cut to the card using the Quickie Glue Pen. See how much dimension is created with stacking those dies and coloring the edges? And it travels through the mail really well this way.  I added a Twinkle Sticker for the dot on the i, instead of the die cut one. I thought any friend of mine would deserve a little twinkle.

At this point I realized I wanted to add a little ribbon. So I carefully peeled back the top of that panel and attached a piece of ribbon. Then using a separate piece of ribbon to tie a cute little bow. 

This completes my card for today. It probably took me longer to write this all out than it did to make it. ;) Supply list below.

A Muse Studio Products Used
hi- word die
Bubblegum card stock
Marigold Splash
Blush Splash
N55  Tombow
Creative Candy Twinkle Stickers- black
Quickie glue pen
Water brush
1/4" Organdy Ribbon - orange
Hello Gorgeous stamp set - my friend
Tombow glue tape
Versafine Onyx Black ink
shop here: www.amusestudio.com/reneemoran

No comments:

Post a Comment