Saturday, December 7, 2019

HOW TO | HONEY BEE STAMPS PRESENT BOX DIE | GIFT CARD HOLDER | How to assemble the new present box die


I ordered the new present box die from Honeybee during the black friday sale. I couldn't pass up the 25% off for dies like that!

I searched YouTube for a tutorial on the die. I had only seen Jennifer McGuire us it fairly quickly during one of her videos. I really wanted to take the time to show how this die works. Which is pretty genius by the way. Honeybee did a great job!

I do have a video Tutorial on my YouTube Channel but I know sometimes photo tutorials are easier to follow. So I'm going to try to show how to use this set. First, take all the pieces apart, use your snips or bend them back and forth to break them free from one another.

Here, you can see all the pieces for the present bow and the ribbon. There are two small rectangles, a larger rectangle, a bow tail die and a bow loop die.



I then die cut the pieces for the outside of the box from a coordinating cardstock. The rectangle with the metal down the center is the top of the box and the piece with the tabs is the side of the box.


You will need two pieces for the box. They do include a square die without the tabs. You can use that to decorate your box. I haven't tried to see if I could use it instead of a second box side but that might be a possibility.


This is the part of this die set that is genius. These two pieces create a pull out for the gift card that the gift card fits into. 


I used removable tape to hold the pieces together. Make sure they are pretty secure. You need to die cut this piece 3 times from medium weight cardstock or 2 times from heavy weight cardstock. I did make this image larger so you could see how I have the pieces positioned. The smaller die is fairly tight to the one side of the rectangle.


Once you have your 2 or 3 pieces cut out (depending on your cardstock) then remove the inner die and die cut this panel as a whole panel. So you have 2 or 3 of the window looking pieces and one rectangle at this point. Stack the die cuts onto one another and then layer the finished piece onto the whole rectangle.


Once you have that piece assembled take the rectangle that has the score line down the center and adhere it to the "pull tab" . The way this hangs over the pull tab is why you need to put that smaller rectangle nearer the bottom rather than centered. 



Then fold up your tabs on your box pieces, front and back, and apply the adhesive you love using most. I chose this double sided tape to adhere my pieces. I didn't want liquid glue oozing out but I'm sure you could use liquid. I think it would work if you were careful. 


You can put the bow together at this point. There are two small rectangles, they are about the same size or are the same size. The only real difference is that one has 2 score lines on it. This is the piece for the bow. The other is for the ribbon on the top of the box.


The bow tail die is made for double sided cardstock and I used single sided so all I did was snip it at the fold like and adhere the pieces together with a small piece of double sided adhesive.



I slid the slider into the channel created on the box when it is put together and then lined up the "ribbon" on the top and bottom of the box. (The two rectangles one long, one short) Then I adhered the bow tails to the top of the box making sure that no adhesive went over the edge. 



I adhered the bow to the center of the tails and that is the box. It took me about 26 minutes from opening the package to finishing my project which included separating all the dies. 




One very nice thing about this finished present gift card holder is, it fits into an A2 sized envelope. 


I'd love to know if this was helpful for you in the comments below.

Here are some others I made using this die.






Thank you for stopping by and as always
GIVE CARDS GENEROUSLY!
~Renee’


All items were purchased with my own funds. This video / blog is not sponsored.

Confused about why I named it all Delaney Jane Cards if my name is Renee’?
This entire thing, shop, YouTube channel, blog, etc, it is all named after our angel daughter who passed away in 2013. I made her some promises when she passed away. I would spread joy, I would make her proud and I would speak her name daily. This is one way we choose to honor her memory, and help me keep my promises.


Check out our online store at: www.delaneyjanecards.com
Want to visit us on Instagram? Check us out at @delaneyjanecards



No comments:

Post a Comment