Friday, September 20, 2019

Paper piecing and Shading an Image

I used Simon Says Stamp's collaboration set with Colorado Crafts. I adore their legs line of stamps and have several in my "stash". I normally start with a card sketch or even a concept using dies from my stash or sketch out an idea in my card idea book but this time I let this card create itself. Sometimes it is just fun to create organically.



I know as of filming and voice over the stamp set was still available but this is less about the stamped image and more about the technique of paper piecing and shading those pieces.



 

You can see the shading I added to this patterned paper. It is subtle but it adds a ton of dimension to the finished card.

It is more noticeable in the tan/ beige dress of the middle dancer.



Here you can see the finishing details including the Love from Lizi peel offs and the additional strip sticker.


You can watch this card be made on my YouTube Channel here: Delaney Jane Cards


All items were purchased with my own funds. This video / blog is not sponsored.

Confused about why I named it all Delaney Jane Cards if my name is Renee’?
This entire thing, shop, YouTube channel, blog, etc, it is all named after our angel daughter who passed away in 2013. I made her some promises when she passed away. I would spread joy, I would make her proud and I would speak her name daily. This is one way we choose to honor her memory, and help me keep my promises.

Speaking of blog, you can check it out at : www.delaneyjanecards.blogspot.com
Check out our online store at: www.delaneyjanecards.com
Want to visit us on Instagram? Check us out at @delaneyjanecards

No comments:

Post a Comment