Sunday, March 2, 2014

Fulfilling orders

I'm not sure everyone is aware but I make and sell these cards. The profits go toward the purchase of a head stone for my baby girl Delaney. She was born 10-22-13 and passed away 11-01-13. She suffered from several heart defects as well as a chromosomal abnormality. She was an angel here on earth. I started putting the profits into an account and will, hopefully, have enough to purchase a head stone for her soon.

So tonight was about fulfilling orders and confirming designs. I love when I get creative freedom with an order but when someone has specifics that is fine too.

I played with some Unity, Chatterbox, and digital images tonight as well as some sentiments from A Muse and Gina K.



This card was created using the Array of Bottles Itty Bitty by Unity. I started with a sketch but that didn't last long. I created my own version of the sketch I guess. Actually, this card has more going on than I usually like, brads, twine, banners, polka dots oh my!  I colored the image with Copics, the brads are Colorbok and the twine is tan and white.  The inside of this card is stamped with two sentiments by A Muse, one says "it takes a long time to grow young" - Pablo Picasso the other is a simple "Happy Birthday"...



This card was created using a digital image. I colored the truck using Copics B21, B23 & B24 and then E70 & E74 for the seat, N0, N1, N2 & N4 for the chrome, there was a touch of Y00 used in the headlights. The sentiment is Gina K from the Masculine set.  A few little black brads in each corner and this beauty is done.



This one hits that soft spot. A cancer card. I have never had cancer, but I feel drawn to make these. This stamp by Chatterbox has been inked more times than any other stamp in my collection. I was asked to do a cancer card for a retired police officer. I didn't have any police themed stamps and didn't really want to put the wrong thing on it but I felt that this dp with the stars was just patriotic enough for a retired police officer's card. The purple ribbon, it represents pancreatic cancer :(


And finally:


Some Angry Birds Love. This design was approved tonight for 15 invitations. The back of this one flat card has the birthday information but this front was colored with Copic Markers. Can you believe that she would have had to pay $40 for 15 cards plus shipping?!? That seemed crazy to me and I can create them for just a little more than 1/2 of that so I went to work finding the perfect digital image and the right color combinations for the birds. I sure hope her little man has a wonderful birthday party and can't wait to create the rest of these.

2 comments:

  1. fabulous collection of cards! really like the flower vases and the coloring :)
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've shared quite a variety of cards…busy lady. Beautiful work…love how you added such remarkable coloring to your vases card!

    ReplyDelete