Friday, March 7, 2014

Reflecting on Reflection

So I absolutely love all the cards made by Stampin'Up's Lovely as a Tree stamp set and when my best friend had the opportunity to get the set she did, just because she knew I'd love to play with it. I fulfilled an order for 10 thank you cards for a local artist/ photographer tonight. I used the reflection technique and made this stunning set for her.


After stamping the image both from the stamp and from the acetate used to do the reflection technique, I colored the images and then used a nestie to cut out the rectangle with docked corners shape.

Then it was all about the layers. Image on black, then that panel on white and then black and then on the white card blank.



I added some brads to the corners of the image panel. Used the stampamajig to place the thank you sentiment perfectly and glued them down to the bases. The back, is of course, stamped with the Because of Delaney Jane stamp.


Here, take one more look at these awesome cards.

I entered this card in the Paper Crafting Challenge seen here: Paper Crafting Challenge Keep it Cool

Then it was about fulfilling other orders tonight, Mother's day cards. The request was, one with a doe and fawn and one with a hummingbird.

I think I nailed it!



 It is hard to see in the picture but the background creme has some sparkle and shine to it. I thought it needed this sweet ribbon knot and those three darling brads to finish it off.

And then the hummingbird. It is an Inkadinkado Image and if you look closely at it you will see hidden images inside this bird.
I did some paper piercing on this card (which I normally don't do). I love how it looks around the image. The sparkle silver banner adds so much to this in person, giving it lots of shine. The inside is stamped with Happy Mother's Day.




And finally, a Cancer Cannot Card. I know, seems like a theme with me. I get this stamp inky at least once a week, most of the time several times a week. Such a sad reality really. I love that I can bring a smile to someone with a card like this. This one is going to a little girly-girl. I hope she smiles real big.


4 comments:

  1. Oh I love those reflection cards so very much! your coloring is outstanding, and I can't wait to give that technique a go! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Crafting Challenges, and congrats on last week's win! :)

    xoxo
    Khristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, these cards are amazing, love the colors and serenity!!!! Really Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea for a card...I know some people that could really use it as they are battling it right now!

    ReplyDelete