Thursday, March 13, 2014

Where have I been you ask? ... Knee deep in cards!!!

I had an order for 36 cards. 36 cards that needed to be thank you and birthday themed. The customer loves history, geography, vintage, antiques and all those types of things so when I went to create his card sets I used that to my advantage. I made 24 thank you cards using some map themed papers from The Paper Studio's Uncharted Pack.





I heat embossed the sentiment, thank you in silver using Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing powder.  A banner was made from some of the scraps and a single brad was added from Recollections mini brads metallic collection in silver.




Then I used the spare pieces of the map papers and was able to create 4 birthday cards. These were simple and fairly masculine and they were finished off with three Recollections brads on the upper left.

So that would be 28 cards...


These two cuties were made using the same two pieces of paper from a Doodlebug Design 6x6 paper pad called take note. The papers are two sided and this offers so much in the way of whimsey to the cards although the cards are created with structure, they scream fun!

The spellbinders die cut image panel is held in place with four yellow Recollections brads.


A bit of additional whimsey is added to this card with those Recollections brads, in black, on the edge of the image panel.



And now we are at 30 cards...


These two cards were created using The Paper Studio's The Great Circus Company Paper pack and some Unity Itty Bitty stamps. I used some Spare parts and recollection star brads on the little elephant stamp. The star brads fit perfectly inside the stamped image. Then I trailed the stars upward to fill in the space. One tiny star dots the I in wish Big and a single star holds the bottom part of a circle in place to anchor the three circles.





I normally color but these papers scream for line drawing style stamping so there really isn't too much coloring going on between the two. The package is shaded with E40 though, just to help add a little dimension. Three little Recollections brads finish the card off at the bottom.



Here that same image has been colored brightly with Greens and Blue-Greens to match the fun background paper by Doodlebug Design. This is why I love stamps. They are so versatile, the same image for two different audience. A few silver brads The Paper Studio's Spare Parts line finish this fun card.



A scrap left from those Doodlebug Design papers, a piece from DCWV and a little pink card stock make the base for this fabulous card.

The cake and the sentiment are stamps by Jennifer Ellory from the set Bake a Cake. The cake stand and the cake layer were stamped and the cake was colored with E40, E41 and E43. The Flowers were stamped with a Stampin' Up marker Melon Mambo. The brads were Recollections in yellow. A panel was cut out using the spellbinders oval die and then the oval with scallop.


 The total sits at 34 cards...

Then it was on to some GinaK. I love the "Tickle your funny bone" You Know You're Old When set and have had it since about 2007. It is my go to card for those "middle aged" men in my life and it gets used several times a year for those "MUST HAVE" funny cards.

The first one is the man
These papers are by Basic Grey's Bowties paper pack. I found them at my local Big Lots. The mountain of Copics used to color this old geezer was ginormous and I should have taken a photo so I remembered what they were. Sorry... The inside of the card says: When your ears are hairier than your head. I'm sure we all know someone who would appreciate the humor in this one.

And then there is this fabulous lady

Same stamp set used here on this lady. The inside of the card says: When getting lucky means finding your car in the parking lot!...  The papers here are also Basic Grey but are from the Clippings pack.

I sure hope the gentleman who ordered these cards will be happy with the amount of energy and creativity that went into all 36 of them. ;) Night all! Oh and I'd love to read your comments. Tell me which is your favorite. Did one tickle your funny bone?


No comments:

Post a Comment