Sunday, March 9, 2014

How does a card come together?

Normally I work in the "scatterbrained" style. Yes this exists, ask any crafter. Tonight I actually had a plan, a method, a path! I felt like it deserved to be written down and documented for future generations ;) (just kidding, I thought it would be neat for me to remember how this works for the future)

So the first thing I did was decided what stamp I wanted to use. I chose this Itty Bitty by Unity called More than Ice Cream.







 After it was stamped on white cards stock it was colored with Copic Markers.
E000, E31, E35, E40, E41, E43, B12, B41, B45, R14, R20, YR06, Y15, N4 & N6

I decided to cut the image out in a circle

Then I chose a sketch. A sketch is a pattern for the making of a card. The sketch I chose was this:


Although the Ice Cream truck isn't from the Circus, I thought these papers would be fun to use for the card. I chose three patterns and a red card stock to back the Ice Cream Truck Image.

 
 I used a die to cut the frame circle from red for the main image panel.



After everything was colored and cut, I layered it into this fun card. A single brad represents the small circle in the sketch above. Sketches serve as a starting point for your own creativity. If you haven't had the opportunity to work with one, I highly suggest it. Although it is fun to make something on your own, you end up with a quality card when you start with something as "skeleton". I hope you like my little creation.







No comments:

Post a Comment