Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Paper Crafting Challenge Try Two

I am so inspired by this sketch. found here @ Paper Crafting Challenges 


Sketch Challenge 2


I have actually used it several times this week. You will see the skeleton of this sketch in several more cards, I'm sure, before I find another that inspires me like this one.

Today, as well as yesterday, was about fulfilling all these orders I have. I love making cards and each one made and sold is one closer to the headstone for my beautiful baby girl.

The first card I made was for a client who is celebrating her Dad's 60th birthday with a Vintage Dude 60 theme. I found the perfect graphic for it, distressed it and paired it with some amazing papers by BasicGrey.

 I used this cool typewriter number paper to make the stripe and one of the banners as well as a coordinating black patterned vintage paper. the background has a pattern on it but reads like solid to me. I thought these brass brads were the perfect embellishment for this masculine birthday card.



The second card I created with this same sketch is a card for a new baby. The woman who ordered this card has such a huge heart. I couldn't let her down, I had to create a cute card for her friend who had an adorable little girl yesterday. The terms were, she had a girl and she likes Mickey and Minnie Mouse. So this is what I came up with. This is another digital image but I colored it with Copics. The papers are StudioG and some BasicGrey scraps left over from some other cards made today (there will be a sneak peek at them at the end of this blog. The sentiment used was from the Little Peanut set from A Muse.

 Then we had my Dad's Birthday. He turned 61 today and I HAD to MAKE HIM this CARD!

I figured we use these banners with the inverted point all the time but why not use the arrow. I love how this turned out. Papers were by American Crafts and the image is a digi. I colored him with Copics. The inside of this card has a Fiskars stamped sentiment that says, There is no cure for the common birthday and that is a quote by John Glen.



It seems that I make one of these Cancer Cannot cards at least once a week, this week it has been once a day. I Love this stamp by Chatterbox. It says a lot. And I used the ribbon from A Muse's Cancer set that they give out every year in October for just the price of shipping!!!

Teal is the color of Ovarian cancer and if you look closely you can see that stamped in Tim Holz distress ink Antique Linen. It is this woman's motto, FIGHT LIKE A GIRL, also from the A Muse set. The Bg paper was a BasicGrey and the teal was one of those buy a pound of scraps for a few bucks packs. I heat embossed the ribbon in clear on that teal paper before framing the top of the Cancer Cannot panel with it.



With this Cancer card a housewarming card was ordered. I have a few of those on the list to do yet but I loved this Unity house stamp. It came in one of the grab bags recently. I also used a sentiment by Fiskars. These stamps were surprising. They are actually sticky. They are thin but have foam and rubber and stamp very cleanly. The papers were BasicGrey and a few little brads finished off the card. I cut the frame out of that second layer and was able to conserve paper that way. I think this simple card works well. I hope it is loved.


And now, I have been fulfilling orders like a mad woman. I love that each one is different but because of that, it takes a while to make cards. These were the cards that went into an order last night along with a few that were already in my blog the other day. I hope these cards are all received and sent with love.

















No comments:

Post a Comment