Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Joy Clair Designs | Spring Floral Basket | Feel Better

Hi Everyone and welcome to day two of the Joy Clair Designs May 2020 release hop. You should have come from the amazingly talented Donna Idlet and your next stop is equally talented Linda Gorman. Yesterday I featured another set, Cup of Joy. Today I wanted to focus on one of the images from the set Spring Floral Basket and make it a focal point.
Image includes several floral images including daffodile images and a feel better sentiment


I picked this daffodil image and made it as large as I could for this A2 size card panel.


I die cut the background panel using a Sunny Studios die and backed that purple panel with simple white cardstock. I felt like this was just enough detail for this beautiful floral.


The flowers were colored with Copic markers. I finished the card off with a wink of stella glitter pen over the yellow on the flowers.


I added some black thread and some black sequins. I really tried to make the flowers jump off the card front.



I'm excited to see what the other designers created for today. SO far, I've been so amazed with the creativity on this team.
                                            
                                           
This hop will have two winners, one will receive the fabulous set,
Walking on Sunshine Junkie Bunkie and Accessory ZIP Bag.to be combined with our regular prizes. from Simply Charming Everyday plus, a surprise package from Joy Clair Designs.


The second winner, will receive a gift card of $20 dollars valid for stamp only at Joy Clair Designs Store.

To be entered to win, all you need to do is hop along with us and comment on each blog. In other words, leave an original and creative comment and not simply "I liked, beautiful card, etc". Therefore, hoppers must comment on all stops along the way both days.

Comments are due by 05/6/2020 at 11:59 PM EST. Winner will be announced on the Joy Clair Designs Blog on 05/13/2020.  Best of luck to you all and remember, you need to leave original and creative comments!
                                      

Here is the full hop line up: (I'm so excited to see all the projects!)


 

I do have a process video up on my channel so you can watch me put this together!


Thank you for stopping by and as I always say,
Give Cards Generously!
-Renee'

22 comments:

  1. Renee, your card is beautiful. So happy you are part of this awesome team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeeAnn. Your cards were absolutely fantastic!

      Delete
  2. I love daffodils! And they are blooming here in Minnesota right now, so your card is right in season! At each stop on the hop I find myself saying - those florals are in the set too? Wow! There is really a lot in those sets. The first one I would color is bouquet in the oblong shaped pot. Keep hoping to see it show up in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan. I used to live in Northern Wisconsin and this was Daffodil season there too. They always make me think spring. I will say... I know someone colored that beautiful pot of flowers. ;)

      Delete
  3. Super pretty card!! Love the beautiful flowers and the shimmer :) Your coloring is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card can't help but to make someone feel better! It's really pretty. Love the texture with the bow and sequins and the gorgeous BG panel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these beautiful daffodils! Pretty layering and details on this lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your Daffodils. They are one of my all time favorite flowers. I like how you chose to use different colors on it to give depth. Nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I tried to make it look as much like the image as I could. Except that the flower on my phone was colored by mother nature. ;)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous card, Renee! The purple and yellow really do pop, and I love the addition of the black string and black sequins also. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I felt like it just needed that black thread. I felt like it needed that little bit more black.

      Delete
  8. Your card is stunning. I love the colors and how you used wink of stella on the daffodils. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. I normally don't reach for the WoS because it is sort of a golden hue. but this worked beautifully.

      Delete
  9. So cheery with the daffodils and I like the purple background and black accents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. I think it wouldn't have come together as well without the black.

      Delete
  10. Love the lacy looking background.
    The flower is so pretty. thanks
    for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete