Monday, November 18, 2019

Beautiful Black, White & Silver Christmas Cards - Christmas Series 2019



I was able to play with Simon Says Stamp's Ornate Ornaments stamp set today and a simple color combo of black, white and silver. No, you don't need to adjust your color on your screen, these simply look like a black and white photo.


I chose to heat emboss the sentiment on this silver cardstock from Michael's. It held up ok but I wouldn't recommend it as a great cardstock for heat embossing. The top layer wanted to pucker in the heat.



I debossed the background panel with a Spellbinders embossing folder called laser beams. I just put the panel in so I would get an impression into the cardstock surface instead of a raised pattern. I thought this pattern resembled pine needles in a tree.



I stamped the images with Ink on 3 blackout detail ink and Copic colored them using my C Copic Markers. After completing the coloring I then stamped the outline images again in Versamark ink and heat embossed them with WOW Silver Sparkle Embossing Powder. This added so much to the images and really made them sparkle.


I used a single piece of 6x6 patterned paper from My Minds Eye to create all 6 cards. I cut the patterned paper into 1" strips, one for each panel. I framed the strip with some Love from Lizi black peel off stickers.


I framed the silver panels with black and white matted layers after adhering the ornaments and "hanging" them with black thread.

I finished the card panels off with glossy accents on the center ornament, a star shaped ornament. I really loved how it made that ornament stand out against the background and surrounding ornaments.

I really love how these turned out. Although, they took a bit longer than my normal card sets of 6, I think they are fairly easy to reproduce for cardmakers that want to make multiples.

Thank you for stopping by and as always GIVE CARDS GENEROUSLY
Renee'

All items were purchased with my own funds. This video / blog is not sponsored.

Confused about why I named it all Delaney Jane Cards if my name is Renee’?
This entire thing, shop, YouTube channel, blog, etc, it is all named after our angel daughter who passed away in 2013. I made her some promises when she passed away. I would spread joy, I would make her proud and I would speak her name daily. This is one way we choose to honor her memory, and help me keep my promises.

Speaking of blog, you can check it out at : www.delaneyjanecards.blogspot.com
YouTube is at: https://youtu.be/mEK5PWLXHE0
Check out our online store at: www.delaneyjanecards.com
Want to visit us on Instagram? Check us out at @delaneyjanecards




No comments:

Post a Comment